Business of Leisure Event 17th - 28th September
Just £15.75 per Student
During this unique 2 week event, students can meet our industry experts face-to-face as they reveal the secrets behind operating a leading leisure and tourism business.
A choice of three 45 minute workshops are available and content is curriculum-linked and adaptable to key stages 4 & 5 and levels 2 & 3 in:
- GCSE – Business and Leisure Tourism.
- BTEC – Business and Travel Tourism
- Diplomas – Travel & Tourism, Business Administration & Finance, Retail Business and Hospitality.
Marketing and Promotion (11:15am & 2:45pm)
All aspects of the current years marketing to date and background principles including:
- Marketing objectives
- Volume and yield
- The THORPE PARK brand
- Market research
- 4 P's: product, place, promotion and price
- Strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWAT)
- Target markets - Customer segments
- Marketing campaign for SAW - The Ride, SAW Alive and Storm Surge
- Promotional methods and examples
- What happens next
THORPE PARK as a Business (10:15am & 1:45pm)
The factors that contribute to a successful leisure and tourism business.
- THORPE PARK and the Merlin Entertainments Group
- THORPE PARK history and location
- The THORPE PARK brand
- Finance - Simple turnover and profit
- Seasonality and growth
- Aims and objectives
- Future plans
- Operational areas and how they contribute
Customer Services and Human Resources (12:15pm & 3:45pm)
How to keep customers coming back & the importance of having the right staff and skills in the right place at the right time.
- Our customers
- Internal and external customers
- Customers with specific needs
- Communicating with customers
- Training staff to deliver excellent customer service
- Motivating and rewarding staff
- Feedback from customers
- Monitoring customer service
- Handling complaints
- The importance of good customer service to a business
- The Merlin Entertainments Group
- Vision, values, aims and objectives
- Organisational structure
- Determining staff levels
- The recruitment process
- Training staff
- Employee relations
- Motivating and retaining staff
- Legislation and record keeping
Special guest presenters in past years have included:
- Park Manager
- Health and Safety Manager
- Senior Leadership Team
- Marketing and Public Relations Managers
- Rides Team Leaders
- Environmental staff
- Medical and Security staff
- Development Team
Plus access our brand new student pack to use before, during and after your trip by clicking here.
Event Price - £15.75 per student (includes 1 workshop and full Park entry). Additional workshops charged at £2.25 per student
To book or for more information call our education team on 0871 282 5126.
Calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras.
If you would like further information about any of our workshops or to discuss the specific content of your visit please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that unfortunately we are unable to take bookings by email.